The upcoming engine manufacturing facility of Perkins India, at Aurangabad is expected to start operations in 2015. Company has invested USD 150 million in this facility. This facility is situated in Aurangabad and is spread across 30 acres in which covered manufacturing area is around 10 acres. The plant is equipped with state-of-art techcnology and will have initial capacity of 3,000 units per annum, which will be increased to 5,000 units a year later. The Perkins engines are expected primarily to cater to the genset applications.
- Electrical: SITC of 3 nos. of 2000 KVA oil filled transformer of 33kv/ 433V, 5000A and 2500A bus duct, 33KV outdoor type RMU HT panel and indoor type VCB panel, outdoor type HT metering cubical, LT panels, 600KVA UPS system, cable and cable tray, Capacitor bank with automatic control panels, lighting fixture and fans, cabling and installation of lighting fixture for external/ internal lighting along with 16 mtrs. High mast and 9 mtrs. street light poles, Earthing installation, Lighting protection system, Circuit cum point wiring, conduiting & wiring for telephone & Data system, metallic floor race ways.
- HVAC: HVAC work consist of two stage air washer system, 300 HP VRF for admin areas, PAC units for server and measurement rooms, electrostatic precipitator dry scrubber units for kitchen, Ductable & split units, Ventilation System Low Side Works as per FM approvals.
- LVS: SITC of fire alarm, PA system, Access control cctv and building automation system. This is a design and build system for fire detection and firefighting which is as per FM guidelines. Access control system is Pro-watch catering to 70 doors which will be hooked up to the main server at Hongkong. CCTV consists of 50+ IP cameras for surveillance in multiple areas. BMS is for monitoring and control of plant equipment.
- Plumbing: Plumbing work consist of Water Treatment Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant, RO Water, Effluent Treatment Plant, Effluent Drain Works, Pipes & fittings, Soft Water For Process Works.
- Fire Fighting: External Fire Hydrant System, Internal Hydrant – West Riser and Hose Reel System, Automatic Sprinkler System & Portable Extinguishers