Sterling and Wilson was awarded the mechanical, electrical and plumbing contract for Cochin International Airport’s New International Terminal at Nedumbassery in Kerala. CIAL is the first green field airport in the country built with Public-Private Partnership. Additionally, it is ranked as the fourth largest International Airport in India in terms of passenger traffic. The sprawling New International Terminal at CIAL is spread across a built up area of 15,00,000 sq.ft.
Sterling and Wilson’s scope of work under this contract included complete electrical installations including HT and LT works, air-conditioning, fire protection, building management systems, plumbing management systems, vertical and transportation system, along with operation and maintenance work. The entire project has been successfully commissioned by Sterling and Wilson.
Sterling & Wilson has been awarded a memento of appreciation by Cochin International Airport Limited in recognition of the valuable contribution rendered for the construction of New International Terminal T3 on 26th February, 2016. Mr. K Kannan, Senior VP Electrical, Southern Region and Mr. K P. Subhash – MEP Head, CIAL jointly received the memento from Mr. Oommen Chandy, Honorable Chief Minister of Kerala. It was a prestigious moment for entire Sterling and Wilson family.
Electrical– Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of 2000 KVA 3 numbers,1600 KVA 4 numbers transformer, DG Sets of 11 KV – 1 numbers, 3000 KVA – 2 numbers and 1500 KVA – 2 numbers, make Sterling Generators with LT and HT synchronizing panel for synchronization of DG set with grid power, bus duct, cablings, earthing, light fittings, HT cables, LT cables, DB and switch sockets.
HVAC– SITC of water cooled centrifugal chillers (1000TR X 4 numbers), AHU, pump, ventilation fans, chilled and condenser water piping, valves ducting, dampers, grills, diffuser, insulation, electrical and VFD panels, and cabling.
Plumbing and Fire fighting:
- Pumps: 2 numbers of main diesel engine driven pumps, 1 standby electrical driven pump and 2 jockey pumps.
- Sprinklers System: 5000 numbers of standard response sprinklers, 973 numbers of extended coverage sprinklers Pipes: MSC Class pipes for both sprinkler and hydrant system.
- Fittings: 50NB and below this fitting is socket weld able fittings, 65NB and above this fitting is butt weld able fittings
- Grooved Fitting: This is only for the pipes passing or laid in the trench
- Pipes: All pipes are of MS C CLASS. Grooved Pipes of quantity 1900 meters have been laid in the trench.
Welded pipes were of quantity 22,000 meters in which header was 1800 meters
- Vertical and Horizontal Transportation System: SITC of 16 elevators, 6 escalators and 3 walkways.
Operation and Maintenance:
From the date of commissioning, operation and maintenance is being taken care by MEP Service
O&M team of Sterling and Wilson for the next 8 years.
Cochin International Airport Limited (Terminal T3)
Scope of Work
Supply, installation, testing and commissioning of MEP and Operation and Maintenance