About Etisalat Mumbai Project:
This Data Center & MSC built at Mumbai was one of the 5 Etisalat MSC’s built by Sterling and Wilson. This is a Tier 3 Data Center having combination of medium and high density racks(25KW per rack). It has a unique feature of SCADA implementation for the supervisory control.
The project has following unique features:
- Area 19000 sq. ft.
- Electrical system designed for Tier 3
- UPS installed in N+N redundancy mode
- PAC’s installed in N+1 redundancy mode
- Civil architecture developed for Tier 3
- SCADA implementation
- Fully automated Building Management System
- Supply of Civil, Electrical, DG, UPS, PAC, CAC, SCADA, Fire & Security
- SITC of 3000KVA 11KV/433V Transformer
- SITC of 2500KVA/2000KW DG Set
- SITC of 590 KW DC power plant System
- SITC of 5 x 500KVA and 4 x 300KVA UPS Systems
- SITC of Main LT and Distribution Panels
- Power Cabling from HT transformer till racks
Electrical features of the project:
- The mains power is provisioned for 3 x 3000kVA transformers and back up DG sets of 3 nos. of 2500 KVA DG sets. Redundant panels and ATS changeover provided for greater redundancy. The ATS used is with overlapping neutral
- The redundant PAC panels give power redundancy to the each PAC. The UPS’s are fed through 2 separate LT panels. The UPS output in N+N configuration is fed to separate PDU’s. These PDU give power to racks connected through IP44 power sockets
Civil & Interiors:
- Raised Flooring of 19000 Sq. ft.
- False ceiling
- Construction of all Utility Rooms
- Vitrified Tiles for common Areas
- Fire rated doors
- Fire rated viewing glass pane
- Fire rated partitions
- Floor and ceiling insulation
The bare shell was developed into PP/electrical room, Battery room, IT equipment room, POI room using 2 hours fire rated partitions. The server room area floor strengthening was done to achieve 1000Kg/m2 of load bearing capacity considering high density servers.
There are separate rooms to house electrical systems. IT equipment room has False flooring of 450mm height and false ceiling. The doors of the Data Center have 2 hours fire rating capacity. The entry to the Equipment room is through ramp. The view glass pane of 2 hour was provided for equipment room viewing.
- Precision Air Conditioner of 17 x 27 Tr , 2 x 15Tr
- High Density PAC for 25KW rack cooling – 10nos
- Comfort AC of 10 x 22 Tr, 6 x 11 Tr , 2 x 8.5 Tr, 4 x 1.5 Tr and 3 x 2 Tr for supporting areas.
Precision AC of 27Tr are installed in N+1 redundancy mode for temperature and humidity control. Temperature at 1 degC accuracy and humidity at 50%RH (with 5% permissible variation). These AC’s are provided with fresh water connection for humidification.
The 10 nos. of high density racks of 25 KW are cooled through PAC.
For the support areas approx 350 Tr Comfort AC’s provided.
The UPS system installed are 5 nos. of 500KVA in N+ N mode and 4 nos. of 300KVA in N+N mode catering to 584 racks of densities 8KW to 25 KW.
The DC power plant installed of 590KW capacity along with battery backup.
Integrated Building Management System:
Analog addressable fire detection system installed for all the rooms of the Data Center. The detectors are integrated with FM200 system through cross zoning.
The IT/Telecom equipment room is equipped with VESDA system for early detection of fire.
Fire Suppression System FM200:
Gas based Fire suppression system of FM200 installed for:
- IT/Telecom equipment room area
- Support areas like PP/Electrical rooms, POI room, Battery rooms
Access Control System:
Biometric finger print reader with proximity and pin provided for IT/Telecom equipment room, electrical room, POI room and battery room. The access control system is integrated with BMS.
CCTV system provided with PC with 16 channel IP based DVR. Both Verifocal and fixed dome cameras cover IT/Telecom equipment room, electrical room, POI room, battery room and corridor leaving no blind spots.
IT/Telecom equipment room, electrical room, POI room, battery room and corridor protected by rodent repellent system in all three voids, viz. below false floor, above false ceiling and middle void.
Water Leak Detection System:
Water leak detection cable laid in the periphery of IT/Telecom equipment room for providing alerts on water ingression / leakage.
IT/Telecom equipment room, electrical room, POI room, battery room and corridor covered with public address system for annunciation purpose.
BMS system provided with a PC installed with WEBS BMS. Temperature and humidity sensors fitted inside IT/Telecom equipment room for environment monitoring.
Etisalat DB Telecom Pvt. Ltd.
19000 sq. ft. Data Center
Project Completed on