A central cooling plant supplies chilled water to multiple buildings / district. Hybrid configuration of Gas Turbines and Gas Engines is used in District Cooling Plant (DCP) so as to provide both Base Power & Peak Power.
There can be many DCPs distributed across the cities. Each DCP has its own Co-gen. All DCPs are grid connected. Direct exhaust fired Absorption chiller preferred. Unit size of GT and GE are not more than 10 MW for flexibility.
- High load factor on chillers due to better load management-high operating efficiency
- Reduces investment and space on individual buildings for chillers, etc.
- Power Savings through water cooled chillers
- Modular Approach-Depending on the power requirement Machines can be used-with quick start-stop characteristics
- Use of expensive Natural Gas more efficiently